If you’re thinking about getting any type of plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery procedure done, doing your research before visiting your doctor is a must. Here are the top five questions that you should always ask when consulting with any plastic surgeon.
- Ask about your surgeon’s board certification – It is important to know what your surgeon’s training comprised of and whether they are board certified. It is important to ask in specific if they are board certified in plastic surgery. There are physician that will advertise that they are board certified but not disclose in what discipline.
- Ask to see their before and after photos for the specific procedure that you are interested in.
- Ask your surgeon what hospitals he/she operates at or is allowed to operate at. This is important as hospitals strictly monitor surgeons’ outcomes and board certifications. Even though your surgery may not be taking place in a hospital it is important to know that he does have privileges to perform plastic surgery cases in a hospital.
- Ask your surgeon if they have any previous patients that you can contact and ask questions about their experience.
- Ask your surgeon how many of the procedure/s that you are interested in they do each year.