Juvederm at Chau Plastic Surgery
Dermal fillers are injectable gels that take the place of lost soft tissue, providing volume and a rejuvenating affect on the face. Fillers can diminish lines and wrinkles and add volume to areas of the face that appear sunken in or hollow. At Chau Plastic Surgery, men and women have access to a comprehensive range of dermal fillers, including one of the most popular brands, Juvederm®. The family of dermal fillers from Juvederm include: Volux XC, Ultra XC, Ultra Plus XC, Voluma, Voluma XC and Volbella XC. Furthermore, each patient receives their dermal filler treatments from highly skilled expert injectors.
What Benefits Do Juvederm Treatments Near Detroit Provide?
The injection specialists at Chau Plastic Surgery recognize that every patient is unique. Therefore, to provide each patient with optimal results, they create personalized dermal filler treatment plans. These plans are custom designed to meet the aesthetic goals of a specific patient.
Expert injectors in Detroit can use Juvederm’s revolutionary fillers to soften wrinkles and lines, improve facial harmony and address the volume loss that occurs with age.
People choose to have cosmetic treatments with Juvederm to:
- Restore youthful contours and lost volume.
- Diminish wrinkles and fine lines.
- Rejuvenate their face without surgery.
- Enjoy immediate, natural-looking results.
- Add definition and fullness to their lips.
- Soften facial creases and scars.
- Enjoy little to minimal downtime and long-lasting results.
How Do Juvederm Products Work?
Juvederm’s entire family of fillers consists of hyaluronic acid (HA). Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is naturally present in the body. However, as time passes, the body’s production of HA decreases. HA’s unique ability to bind 1,000 times its weight in water allows it to bolster the skin’s hydration. Since hyaluronic acid helps the skin remain supple, this decrease in production contributes to the signs of aging.
After a cosmetic treatment with Juvederm, patients enjoy smoother, plumper skin with more youthful-looking facial features.
Why Are There So Many Versions of Juvederm Filler?
Each version of Juvederm’s fillers consists of a unique HA formulation. These variations provide patients with fillers to address specific areas of the face as well as meet precise objectives. From lip enhancement and jawline sculpting to wrinkle softening and volume restoration, Chau Plastic Surgery has the Juvederm fillers to provide patients with the beautifully contoured, youthful-looking facial enhancements they desire.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Juvederm Treatments Near Detroit?
Anyone who is at least 21 years of age and has no allergies to the gram-positive bacterial proteins, lidocaine or the hyaluronic acid in these fillers.
What Does Each Juvederm Filler Address?
Once the patient expresses the aesthetic changes he or she desires, a member of the medical team carefully evaluates the skin’s texture and laxity, as well as his or her facial structure. Following this evaluation, the patient receives recommendations as to which Juvederm fillers can provide the results he or she desires.
Juvederm filler options:
- Juvederm® Volux XC corrects sagging jowls, a chin with insufficient projection, and an undefined jawline.
- Juvederm® Ultra XC enhances the lips by adding volume, improving lip symmetry and defining their shape. This filler also addresses the vertical lines that develop around the mouth (i.e., smoker’s lines or perioral lines).
- Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC fills in the nasolabial folds (i.e., smile lines), deep wrinkles and folds, and the marionette lines that develop at the outer corners of the mouth and extend downward towards the chin.
- Juvederm® Voluma XC corrects age-related facial hollowing and sagging cheeks, as well as an undefined, insufficiently projected or recessed chin.
- Juvederm® Volbella XC can add volume, improve symmetry and address definition irregularities in the lips. In addition, expert injectors use Volbella XC to fill in perioral lines and the area under the eyes that looks hollow.
- Juvederm® Voluma addresses volume loss in the cheeks. This loss of volume can make an individual appear sickly or gaunt. After a treatment with Voluma, patients look younger and healthier. Filling in this lost volume helps lift sagging skin, which reduces the appearance of jowls.
What To Expect During a Juvederm Treatment in Detroit
Before receiving a dermal filler treatment, patients need to have a consultation with one of the medical professionals at Chau Plastic Surgery. Some patients will be able to have their cosmetic treatment directly following this consultation.
During this appointment, patients will discuss what aesthetic changes they want to make with dermal fillers. A member of our medical staff will evaluate the patient’s face. Following this evaluation, the patient receives a custom-designed cosmetic treatment plan. If possible, one of our expert injectors will move forward with the dermal filler procedure.
A dermal filler treatment session at Chau Plastic Surgery, near Detroit:
- The patient’s injection specialist cleans the areas receiving treatment and then applies a topical anesthetic. This anesthetic helps the patient remain comfortable throughout the dermal filler process. Furthermore, the filler itself contains an anesthetic. This anesthetic is usually lidocaine. Therefore, patients with an allergy to lidocaine need to let the medical staff know of this allergy before they come in for their initial consultation. By informing the staff ahead of time, a Juvederm product that does not contain lidocaine may be available.
- Once the topical anesthetic takes effect, the injection specialist strategically injects the dermal filler. The areas of injection depend on what aesthetic changes the patient desires.
- The expert injector uses his or her skill, experience and the unique aspects of a patient’s face to determine the best location for delivery. This aspect of dermal filler treatments is vital to ensuring that the patient’s results appear balanced and natural.
- Following injection, the hyaluronic acid formulation in the filler blends with the natural structure of the skin, which immediately provides the patient with skin that is plumper, smoother and appears more youthful.
An entire cosmetic treatment with Juvederm fillers takes just 30 minutes.
How to prepare for a dermal filler treatment session near Detroit:
- Patients should avoid wearing makeup on the day of their dermal filler treatment session.
- Patients need to drink plenty of water and eat something before their dermal filler appointment at Chau Plastic Surgery, near Detroit.
- About a week before their treatment, to reduce the incidence of bruising, patients should avoid taking blood thinners and medications that tend to thin the blood (e.g., NSAIDs). That said, patients must speak with their physician before discontinuing or decreasing the dosage of any medication that a doctor has recommended (e.g., aspirin) or prescribed to them (e.g., Plavix).
- When patients make an appointment for a dermal filler treatment, if they are prone to developing cold sores, they need to inform a member of the medical staff. That way, one of the surgeons at Chau Plastic Surgery can order a preventative medication (e.g., Valtrex) for the patient to take before his or her dermal filler treatment near Detroit.
- Do not schedule any dental procedures for the two weeks before and the two weeks after a dermal filler treatment session.
How Long Can Juvederm Results Last?
The version of dermal filler a patient receives helps determine the longevity of the results.
- Voluma lasts from nine to 15 months.
- Ultra plus XC lasts eight to 12 months.
- Volbella lasts from six to 12 months.
- Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC last from nine to 12 months.
- Volux XC lasts up to 12 months.
These time frames are estimates because the length of time a filler lasts varies from one person to the next. Another factor is the location of the dermal filler. For example, since the lips move around a lot, lip filler tends to break down faster than filler placed under the eyes or in the temple area.
Are There Side Effects After a Dermal Filler Treatment in Detroit?
Yes, some patients do experience some minor side effects following dermal filler injections. However, these side effects typically subside within several days.
Side effects may include:
- Flushed skin.
- Bruising at the sites of injection.
Downtime following treatment is minimal. However, patients do need to refrain from drinking alcohol, performing strenuous activities and avoiding excessive sun exposure for the first 24 hours after their dermal filler treatment at Chau Plastic Surgery, near Detroit.
Four hours after treatment, patients can apply makeup to conceal any flushing or bruising.
Although patients see results directly following dermal filler injections, as the side effects subside, they will see that their results continue to improve.
How Much Do Juvederm Fillers in Detroit Cost?
The cost depends on which dermal filler a patient receives, as well as how much Juvederm is necessary to make the aesthetic changes the patient desires.
If you are interested in minimally invasive facial rejuvenation treatments in Detroit, Juvederm dermal fillers may be the treatment you are searching for. Using these innovative fillers, our expert injectors can help you enhance your features and rejuvenate your appearance in as little as half an hour. Contact Chau Plastic Surgery at (248) 799-2880 to schedule your appointment today. Chau Plastic Surgery’s address is 27901 Woodward Avenue, Suite #100, in Berkley, Michigan, near Detroit.